Tuesday, November 11, 2008

more thoughts about project 4

I've started my project and I'm still working on it. I'm waiting on some more people that I know to send me descriptions or pictures, but it would be nice if more people that I don't know would submit something. I've posted that people can comment on my blog or e mail me.
I'm thinking about creating a list of links to each description and/or picture so you won't really know what to expect. I'd need more people to submit something though.

2 comments:

Zach J. said...

It seems like you know what you want to do, and are already pretty well on your way with this project. Is it going to be a list/gallery of tattoos and their respective stories, or are you planning on doing something else once you collect all the pictures and stories?

Also, I noticed some of the stories don't have pictures to correspond with them. Would stories about someone else's tattoo be allowed into this? Or ideas for a tattoo?

Sandy Baldwin said...

Jennifer: This is an excellent project. You might move it to a separate blog of it's own - i.e. create a blog and then cut and paste some. That would take a little bit but not be out of the question. Then it's more manageable as it expands. You could also insert a link list into the blog - go to blog dashboard and settings, it's in there - and this would let people jump to postings, as you suggest. The tattoo is a great topic: it's multimedia, writing on the body, images, etc. Plus its a bit transgressive; plus they always have a story. The stories are excellent. In your meta-text, see if you can comment on what bringing together pictures of tattoos - parts of the body with writing - and the web - might say about writing and the web. Also, I think it will be useful to expand past people you know directly and get some others to submit, although as you noted this isn't always easy to do...